The Parish Year
Traditions of Infant of Prague chapel
Dec 24, 2016
Next Saturday is Christmas Eve, and is a day of complete fast and abstinence.
Dec 25, 2016
Christmas Day fall this year on a Sunday. Masses at Infant of Prague Chapel will be at midnight, 8:00 am and 10:00 am.
For the Guild of St. Peter ad Vincula, its members, friends, and benefactors, and all the faithful departed whose names have been submitted to the Guild of All Souls.
For an urgent special intention.
For the health of Angie Poeppelman.
Traditions to Keep the Faith Alive
There are innumerable Catholic customs to help us live our faith during the course of the year. Our calendar lists some of these highlights of our liturgical year, and helps bring the faith and the liturgy into the lives of our people.
First Sunday in Advent: Blessing of the Advent Wreath
St. Nicholas: Blessing and Distribution of Candy for the children
Last Sunday in Advent: Ceremony of Lessons and Carols
Christmas Eve: Solemn Reading of the Christmas Martyrology
Before Christmas Midnight Mass: Blessing of the Manger
St. Stephen's Day: Enrollment Day for the Archconfraternity of St. Stephen
Holy Innocents' Day: Children's Christmas Party
New Year's Eve: Holy Hour and Te Deum
Epiphany: At Mass, reading of the Movable Feasts for the coming calendar year. Blessing of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh. Special Epiphany Cake of the Three Kings for the children.
Candlemas: Evening candlelight Mass and Soup Dinner
St. Blase: Blessing of Throats
Chair of St. Peter in Rome: Opening of Chair of Unity Octave
Conversion of St. Paul: Closing of Chair of Unity Octave
- Shrove Tuesday: Holy Hour of
- Ash Wednesday: Distribution of Ashes, Chanting of the Miserere
- Fridays during Lent: Stations of the Cross
- Laetare Sunday: Blessing of flowers for Mothering Sunday, the
Catholic Mothers' Day
- Palm Sunday: Distribution of Palms
- Friday in Passiontide: Stations of the
Seven Sorrows of Our Lady
- Holy Week: Services as published
- Easter Sunday: Procession and Singing of Regina Caeli
- Solemnity of St. Joseph: Benediction and Singing of Litany of
- St. Mark: Great Litanies
- First Sunday in May: May Procession and Crowning
- Rogation Days: Lesser Litanies
- Memorial Day: Memorial Day Service
- Friday after Ascension Day: Opening of Pentecost Novena, singing of Veni Creator Spiritus
- Sunday in the Octave of Corpus Christi: First Holy Communions
- Sacred Heart: Benediction and Singing of Litany of Sacred
- Eve of St. John Baptist: Blessing of Bonfire and Fireworks
- Fourth of July: Patriotic Service
- St. Christopher: Blessing of Cars
- St. Lawrence: Altar Boy Barbecue
- Assumption: Children of Mary Enrollment and Barbecue
- Exaltation of Holy Cross: Blessing with Relic of True Cross
- Seven Sorrows of BVM: Stations of the Seven Sorrows
- Michaelmas: Parish Picnic
- St. Francis of Assisi: Blessing of Animals
- Christ the King: Benediction, Consecration of the Human Race,
- All Saints: Children's Costume Party. Annual Dinner of
the Guild of All Souls.
- All Souls: Toties Quoties Indulgences at the Chapel
- Sunday after All Souls: Rosary Procession through Cemetery
- St. Cecilia's Day: Annual Dinner for the Prague Schola
- Thanksgiving Day: Thanksgiving Day Service
- St. Andrews Day: Ceilidh